Monday, July 6, 2009

Wanting a puppy!


I always wanted a puppy.

However... I didn't just want any puppy. I wanted a new puppy and a small puppy and a fluffy puppy.

I was told that they were too much work, and because my husband didn't care for dogs... I couldn't have one.
One day I out of the blue said, "Honey... I'm getting a puppy!" and he responded with, "Fine. I'm not doing anything for it though, you hear?". That was all I needed. His "Fine".

I searched for days to find a reputable breeder for the Pomeranian breed. I chose this breed well, because they were everything I wanted. I had wanted a Pomeranian for some time as well.

  • Small
  • Fluffy
  • Intelligent
  • Loyal
  • Playful

I found a local breeder (because I wouldn't want a puppy shipped) and because I wanted to meet the little fellow, meet the breeder and see her facilities.

I found the right breeder and she had puppies on the way. We talked the day he was born, and weekly there after. She called me when he was only a day away from being 7 weeks old. She said that normally she doesnt let the puppy go until he's 8 weeks, however because I waited so patiently and he had been weaned by his mommy early that I could have him at 7 1/2 weeks if I wanted.

I JUMPED. I WANTED HIM. I GOT HIM.

Meet my Aiko. Purebred Pomeranian. He's almost 8 weeks old.

Aiko - Meaning ( Ai = Love and Ko = Child) in Japanese also known as "Little Love" or "Beloved.



0 comments: